Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trip to NYC Part 2: Liao Yibai Gallery

I have to say, this was probably the most amazing thing I have seen! This is second gallery we wents to! This man, Liao Yibai, made all these statues out of stainless steal, but first made a model out of clay and then molded it in plastic, and then used stainless steal (something like that). But it was gorgeous! The statues were amazing to look at, mostly of birds, they were my favorite. Very different from Jiang's work. He called it "Real Fake" (his work I mean) because he took logos from two different famous umm... logos? Haha I forget the word, but he took two logos and made them into one thing. (The tree to the left, must have been the most impressive things there, it took him around 16 months to complete)!

No comments:

Post a Comment