Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trip to NYC Part 1: Jiang Huan Gallerey

Well. Our Mandarin class decided to take trip to NYC! Yay! We saw so many amazing and beautiful things. Our first stop was a Chinese art show, by Jiang Huan. It was interesting because he used oil paints and not ink. All the models were beautiful in his paintings, and my favorite one, was of a girl holding a cat. According to Tr. Yen, (other Mandarin teacher) the girl was a race car driver. She doesn't look it! O_o (Oh by the way, we were allowed to take picture). Most of the model were same girls, but some were different, and that made things really cool. It was also cool because he used more Chinese style, but fused with American style. His paintings were gorgeous! This picture to the left, is my favorite one. Of girl with cat. I can't believe she is a race car driver!

At this point we are all very hungry, and Tr. Li is telling me I have to collect Mandarin words for tomorrow. So I ask my friends Ariel and Grace, who are in higher class than me, and so they decide to teach me how to say "your dog ate my banana." Here they are (to the right) saying it: 


They're so silly! I love them both! Well... then was all left this gallery and moved on to another one, which I will post about in a few minutes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment